Thursday, April 21, 2011

My journey ..so far

In my life, I have done many things. You could never say I have been on a career path. It's been more like a train ride with many stops everywhere and no idea where it's going. I thought I'd make a list of all the things I can remember that I've done. I started working full time at 14. This was the only time I can remember working only one job at a time. Graduated at 17 and began the multiple job life. I've worked anywhere from 2 to 7 jobs at a time since then. I've been a live in nanny, certified nanny and part time babysitter for different services, worked at Subway, many different restaurant positions from waitress to pie topper, drive thru girl, hostess, became a makeup artist and cosmetic sales consultant, opened a Merle Norman, started two lawn maintenance companies, delivered papers from midnight to 7 am, taught preschool, was a Kindergarten sub, sold AVON, invented a baby blanket and started that company, started a children's charity, became a dental assistant, worked the front desk and insurance billing portion of another dental office, temped at an additional office, became a physician's assistant, compiled work for the Helen Keller Foundation, worked for a forest owners association, telemarketed, took infomercial orders, worked in medical records, switchboard, insurance claims, retina surgery dvd cropper, medical transcription, transcribed and edited docs presented to the gov't regarding military eye injuries, built websites, ran a construction company, started selling Mary Kay, opened a bakery, started teaching cake decorating classes to children and adults, started teaching classes on how to start a small business, how to build a website, makeup and skin care, and cake decorating for adults, writing articles for money, ....I'm sure I'm forgetting some things but you see where I'm going with this. Train ride, many stops, no idea where it's going. God tells me to go do something and I just do it.  I wonder what I'll be doing next year???

No comments:

Post a Comment